According to data of international scientific organizations, olive oil has a much higher nutritional value than seed oil, animal and other fats, while exerting a beneficial effect on the human body, helping to fight many diseases. Specifically:
1. It lowers bad cholesterol (LDL), without affecting the good cholesterol (HDL) and thus avoid the accumulation of atherosclerotic plaque on vessel walls.
2. It exerts a protective effect against serious illnesses such as heart disease, thrombosis, diabetes and skin diseases. It contributes positively to blood pressure control.
3. It reduces the likelihood of rheumatoid arthritis.
4. It reduces the likelihood of breast cancer by 45% and possibly of colon cancer.
5. It helps in building healthy bodies, impacting positively on the development of the central nervous system and brain marrow.